httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:48:05 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Looks better, but two comments:
>
> I don't think we need to make this a runtime configuration parameter, it
> should be compile time, as a #define.  Making it runtime adds some overhead
> and complexity that I don't think is worth it, and in the patch below you
> get different behavior at startup than what gets reported in the HTTP
> headers.

Yeah... Ideally a compile-time parameter would be good, but I'm sure
that people would also like run-time as well... I'm +0 on either
approach. Note that the patch assumes that you always want to
see the OS-type on non-header uses of ap_get_server_version
(eg: mod_status and when showing compile settings)