httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: The new %pp/pA/pI formats
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:31:08 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Try %A and %I and then watch gcc -Wall complain.  That's why I posted the
> patch for review a few weeks back.  I explained the logic of the %pA, %pI,
> %pp choices then 'cause Martin wondered about it too.

Ahhh... I was compiling without -Wall and didn't notice any warnings.

> I don't really care if the patch goes in or not.  I actually think that
> gcc's warnings are a little too non-configurable.  I looked at the gcc
> code and it shouldn't be TOO hard to make it extensible... but I just
> don't have enough hours in the day :(

I think the patch is worthwhile... I'm all for it; I'm just worried
if external modules "use" our snprintf() assuming that it's ANSI-like
and that all extensions to it don't break that ANSI-ish-nish :)
It's pretty bogus that gcc does what it does, but...

At the very least, maybe a bump in the MMN ?