httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b6 Announcement: Ready?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:16:35 GMT

In article <199804171535.LAA24286@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:

>> On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>> > The only problem is that Paul then has to wait with it's ApacheWeek issue for
>> > today a few hours or blindly assume we found no more bugs in the next
>> > hours....
>> >
>> > Paul, what is your intention for your today's ApacheWeek issue? Do you want
>> > mention 1.3b6 as kicked out or is this not important to you?
>>
>> I'll do the same as normal: tell the readers that a new version is due out
>> "soon". There are plenty of times in the past that a release has been
>> virtually certain, and then cancelled at the last moment, so we never
>> report that something will definitely happen unless it has already
>> happened. So don't worry about trying to co-ordinate releases with Apache
>> Week...

> Thanks for the feedback about that... Unless there are problems discovered
> I have all intentions of having 1.3b6 released bright and early Monday
> morning (if that's OK with Ralf, since he's doing the announcing :) )

My joice for the honesty of announcing the really hard word named Apache 1.3b6
is gone because of the way this simply announcement again resulted in a
debate. At least for today... Hhmmmm... sorry. So, let us sleep, test, etc.
over the weekend and perhaps then the heaven looks brither again on Monday.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com