httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b6 Announcement: Ready?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:29:02 GMT

In article <ML-3.3.892824937.6212.rasmus@inet-dev> you wrote:

>> So, to be official, we release on 4/20... Sound OK?

> Considering that most of us are probably running the current CVS on our
> production web servers (well, at least, I am), we have a pretty good idea
> that the current code works.  Testing the tarball is then only a matter of
> building the thing and starting it up to see if it goes.

> I have tested the tarball on Solaris 2.5.1 and it works fine for me.

> I don't really see what an extra couple of days will do here.  It takes
> less time to build and run the tarball than it takes to write an email
> bitching about the lack of time.

Exactly my opinion, too. But ok, lets announce next week....

ONLY ONE THING I'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND: Why to the hell everytime we write done
a plan is it first silently accepted and at the last minute complained? I
think if some of us have problems testing the tarball in a timerange of 2 days
(Wed->Fri) why complain on Friday? The plan is in the STATUS file since _LAST
WEEK_. Hmmmm... and it is in the STATUS file and not inside a posting to be
sure that everyone recognizes it... Hmmmm.... but perhaps I'm too aggressive
here. Just ignore my personal opinion.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com