httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b6 Announcement: Ready?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:17:44 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:
> >

> > > So, to be official, we release on 4/20... Sound OK?
> >
> > Considering that most of us are probably running the current CVS on our
> > production web servers (well, at least, I am), we have a pretty good idea
> > that the current code works.  Testing the tarball is then only a matter of
> > building the thing and starting it up to see if it goes.
> >
> > I have tested the tarball on Solaris 2.5.1 and it works fine for me.
> >
> > I don't really see what an extra couple of days will do here.  It takes
> > less time to build and run the tarball than it takes to write an email
> > bitching about the lack of time.
> >

> I _love_ being RM :)

Just to be clear, however, a coupla days is just a coupla days. I
would have prefered releasing today, but considering that the thing
was tagged late Wednesday and was do be released/Announced early
today, that didn't give a lot of time (basically a day). It's not
so much that the tarball compiles and runs, as you say most of us are
running the latest CVS anyway, but to check out that the tarball has
what we want and doesn't have what we don't want.

Sometimes the silence is deafening... :)