httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject Re: Ralf's Announcement with minor changes
Date Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:08:21 GMT
> From: Gregory A Lundberg <lundberg@vr.net>
> Subject: Re: Ralf's Announcement with minor changes
>
> Blank lines work wonders.  So does attention to order.
>
> As a sysadmin wanting to get to the meat quickly, I don't want to have to
> stare hard at each line to determine what's new and what I already know
> from previous announcements.
>
> With minor edits 'cause I felt like it ... IMHO the English is clearer and
> the points more easily made.
>
> ----
[snip]

>     Various Directory Indexing enhancements
>       (see htdocs/manual/mod/mod_autoindex.html)
>
>     Various Logging enhancements (Reliable Piped Logs, Named Log Formats)
>       (see htdocs/manual/mod/core.html and
>       htdocs/manual/mod/mod_log_custom.html)
>
>     Unique Identifiers
>       (see htdocs/manual/mod/mod_unique_id.html)

[snip]

> Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
> 1441 Elmdale Drive              email: lundberg@vr.net [205.133.13.8]
> Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653

For what it is worth ... I like it best so far ... though I'd still likr to
see hypertext links for added support.

Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

... But if we laugh with derision, we will never understand.  Human
intellectual capacity has not altered for thousands of years so far as
we can tell.  If intelligent people invested intense energy in issues
that now seem foolish to us, then the failure lies in our understanding
of their world, not in their distorted perceptions.  Even the standard
example of ancient nonsense -- the debate about angels on pinheads --
makes sense once you realize that theologians were not discussing
whether five or eighteen would fit, but whether a pin could house a
finite or an infinite number.
		-- S. J. Gould, "Wide Hats and Narrow Minds"

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}