httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: TestCompile, HP-UX and -r/-x
Date Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:30:24 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Hmmm ... guess we need to set something different, like:
>
> PRINT_PATH=`pwd` ./PrintPath -s $TARGET
>
> and have PrintPath mess with PATH as appropriate. The snag being, of
> course, that if $TARGET happens to be on the path somewhere it all goes
> horribly wrong.

What it does is set PATH to .:$PATH so that the current directory gets
searched first. Also, PrintPath will print out the first path found.
So, TestCompile checks to see if the returned value of PrintPath
is the exact same as ./dummy or ./testfunc and then and only then
return true. This seemed the safest solution.

I did toy with the idea of having a variable called SEARCHPATH
(I know, ugly) which, if set, overruled the setting of PATH in
PrintPath (ie: looked for the file in SEARCHPATH and not PATH)
but that seemed a forced hack :/  However, that might be something
that could be used elsewhere...