httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Renaming: READY?
Date Sat, 11 Apr 1998 09:38:36 GMT

In article <352E03DC.CB47DC5B@Golux.Com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> Ok, it seems like the current situation is a really worst one: Some of us
>> already left the group (Roy), some left the debate (Dean), some left the
>> interest (??) and the remaining people want the renaming done but don't say
>> any more words like "go for it".

>[...libap and move ap_ prefix to whatever...]
> I do *not* want to re-incite the Global Naming War of Flames.

> Do we even want to vote/discuss this?  Shall we just go with
> ap_ for everything and worry about re-segregating these later?
> (Whenever that would be..)
>[...]

I think, yes. Because can reuse the rename stuff again when the time has come
and we really think some ap_xxx from libap should be named differently. It is
as easy as running the rename stuff again with these symbols in rename.cf. So,
I  think we should do first the general renaming to ap_ while keeping the
libap stuff also witgh this prefix. And later when we think we want different
prefixes for libap, API, non-API, whatever we rerun the rename stuff.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com