httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject TestCompile's troubles on HPUX 10
Date Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:37:22 GMT

>From the build.

   + configured for HP-UX 10 platform
      o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
        enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
  gcc  -DHPUX10 -DSTATUS -DUSE_HSREGEX '-DHTTPD_ROOT="/tmp/httpd"'    -o httpd buildmark.o
modules.o  modules/proxy/libproxy.a  modules/example/libexample.a  modules/experimental/libexperimental.a
 modules/standard/libstandard.a  main/libmain.a  os/unix/libos.a  ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a

  ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
     dbm_open (code)
     dbm_fetch (code)
     dbm_close (code)
  *** Error exit code 1

If I dig into this I find:
  > ./helpers/TestCompile -v func dbm_open
  ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
     dbm_open (code)

  Stop.

Which is apparently because this test succeeds:
  > tail -5 helpers/TestCompile
  # And see if dummy exists, if so, then we assume the
  # condition we are testing for is good
  if [ -f $TARGET ]; then
      exstat=0
  fi

Which is because:
  -rw-rw-r--   1 bhyde       25052 Apr 10 14:19 testfunc
the make created something, but didn't make it executable.

suggestions?

 - ben