httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: [Fwd: How to proxy SSL with Apache]
Date Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:09:41 GMT
I cannot comment on that because all I ever tested was a forwarding
proxy (i.e. one which connects to another proxy on port 80).

In this situation, all the Port 443 business is bypassed because
Apache simply forwards the (port 80) request to the next (port 80)
proxy (which then eventually connects to port 443). I have no SSL server
on the intranet to test it against.

If what he says is correct then I would appreciate the addition
(perhaps after slight refinement) of this Q&A to the FAQ.

    Martin