httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Compromise
Date Wed, 08 Apr 1998 00:44:25 GMT
How does this sound... First of all, we decide whether to do the Great
Renaming or not... Marc's got a good point.

Secondly, let's rename the current ap_ functions to something
else, like apx_. Now, all the functions we need to hide be prefixed
by ap_. During this, we take a look at those functions and "decide"
if that's OK... If they are obviously NOT API functions, then we
don't name them ap_, if we're not sure, we name 'em ap_ just in case.
Sooooo functions with ap_ may or may not be API functions, but those
with other prefixes definately ain't. This at least somewhat defines
the API by "throwing out" those functions that need to be renamed
but are obviously not API, although it doesn't do it completely.

Is that at least a starting point?

And for those keeping track, yep, it's me again coming up with
compromises... For a prick, I seem to be the only one who does.
Maybe, to me, the words "group effort" are more than just words...