httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 22:45:32 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> pools are cool functions that apache uses, and so can other servers.
>
> My point is that the API is not well defined, and your proposal requires
> us to sit here right now and design the API.  That is a fucking waste of
> time.

It's a waste of time to figure out what functions are API and
what one's aren't???? This statement boggles the mind.

Besides, don't we already "know" what functions are API? Aren't they the
one's we've hacked in hide.h? Aren't they the one's noted as API_EXPORT?

And yes, it requires us to _define_ the API, not _design_ it.
Big difference.