httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test/rename apapi.h apapi.h.mk rename.cf
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:31:21 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I strongly recommend you actually run Ralf's script (on a separate copy
> of your repository) and then compare http_main.c.bak versus http_main.c.
> There is a world of difference between the individual prefix options.

Done.... and it doesn't change my opinion. I think it would be
VERY beneficial to have API functions have their own unique
prefix. Instead, we're just going to lump everything into
one prefix which sure protects againsts namespace collisions, but
does nothing to characterize the functions themselves...

> This prefix argument has been on the table now for a long time.
> Unless four people suddenly change their minds, we are going with
> just "ap_" and nothing more.  I'll wait another 24 hours to be sure.

Fine... I'll just wait a coupla weeks and then retroactivity veto that
and we'll be back at square one.

In any case, I'm tired of all this squabbling... All I'm trying to
do is to try to create some logic and some consistancy in the
namespace, and now is the time to do it. Whatever... I guess the only
way to cram stuff down people's throat is to gripe, complain, moan, groan
and say that something "sucks" and "if I gotta do it that way I'm
gonna puke"

Do whatever the f*ck you want. It's obvious that no matter how much
bullshit we feed the press, we are NOT "all equal" instead, some of
us are more equaler than others.