httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test/rename apapi.h apapi.h.mk rename.cf
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:42:43 GMT

In article <199804061219.IAA04836@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:

> Are we then saying that all API functions have the ap_ prefix?
> Why? AFAIK, I vetoed that. I also recall that before Dean said that
> apapi_ was just too long to type, we all were voting on the "correct"
> prefixes for all functions...

> If we are going to do this, let's do it right, and not half-arsed.

> I'll be quiet now.

Don't be quiet Jim ;-)

But when you look into my rename.cf you see that not all functions get just
the ap_ prefix. Instead rename.cf currently is configured to use ap_, apx_ and
apm_, i.e. different prefixes for different symbol spaces.  The apapi.h file
just holds the _REAL_ (=public) API functions.  All cross-object files still
get a different prefix. But these are not listed in the apapi.h file. For the
complete mapping please read rename.cf.

Or did you mean a different point, Jim?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com