httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: building with mod_so
Date Sun, 05 Apr 1998 10:13:13 GMT

In article <35268D8E.CA9EC818@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>   if [ ".`perl -V:dlsrc 2>/dev/null | grep dlopen`" != . ]; then
>>
>> it works correctly, of course, but on failure case with this confusion "perl:
>> not found". Even with the 2>/dev/null above.  What else have to be arranged to
>> avoid this confusion error message? Any hints?

> try:

>    if [ ".`perl -V:dlsrc | grep dlopen`" != . ] 2>/dev/null ; then

Ah, would be another option, yes. I've now already replaced the stuff by just
searching for "perl" and "perl5" in PATH which is most portable, I think.  And
this way we can be sure no confusing "perl: not found" error occurs. But
thanks for the hint, Ben. I'll remember it for the next time...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com