httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Global Renaming: Let us start!
Date Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:11:38 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> I have said this before and will say it one last time before I give
> up: 1.3 is not the place for this sort of screwing with the API
> nor is it the place for some magical API that suddenly becomes
> documented, etc.  We will waste more time over this, and already have,
> than it is worth and will not get much out of it in the end.

I'd agree, except that (1) this doesn't avoid the whole hide.h/HIDE
issue. It still needs to be dealt with (2) hide.h/HIDE as it now
exists is a hack (3) depending on whether HIDE is defined or not,
the actual definition of the API changes, which isn't a good thing
IMO and (4) 1.3 will be out for a LONG time... 1.3.1 or whatever ain't
the time to fix it. This really should be a 1.3.0 issue