httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Global Renaming: Let us start!
Date Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:08:04 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> I personally be happy with both: Keep 1.3 as it currently is and do the global
> renaming. I want to stay in the background here concerning the actual time
> decision. I just wanted to waste no time and already prepare the script (which
> is not as trivial I though the first time I started to thought about it).  To
> decide if it is used now or later is not my job and not my intend. Altough I'm
> now a little bit forced by the others' arguments to +1 for doing it now
> (perhaps because I love clean thinks). But nevertheless, the script is needed.
> At least for Apache 2.1 where we again will find a few symbols which bite us
> ;-)

It seems to me that all hide.h does is "help" us avoid doing the
renaming in the actual source itself... Doesn't seem like much
a reason to me.

If we are going to do this, and we should, and we're going to do this
right, and we should, we should drop this hide.h/HIDE hack and actually
rename the functions. We should ALSO use the naming scheme that we've
voted on and not just, willy-nilly slap ap_ in front of everything.