httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: Global Renaming: Let us start!
Date Thu, 02 Apr 1998 10:24:19 GMT
	The script isn't needed if 2.0 is a major overhaul and mostly
new code, which it perhaps should be. (I haven't looked in detail, but
I'm inclined to base 2.0 on NSPR...)
	At this juncutre I agree with marc and think that HIDE=yes
without telling people how to turn it off is the best choice. But I
don't really know what I'm talking about.

> In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980401231115.740A-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:

> >> Yes, let us immediately stop the discussion about Roys veto and look forward
> >> what we now can do to bring 1.3b6 out and not wasting time. I'm already
> >> started to write the "global renaming script", so my plan is this:
> >>[...]
> > I have said this before and will say it one last time before I give
> > up: 1.3 is not the place for this sort of screwing with the API
> > nor is it the place for some magical API that suddenly becomes
> > documented, etc.  We will waste more time over this, and already have,
> > than it is worth and will not get much out of it in the end.
> >[...]
>
> I personally be happy with both: Keep 1.3 as it currently is and do the global
> renaming. I want to stay in the background here concerning the actual time
> decision. I just wanted to waste no time and already prepare the script (which
> is not as trivial I though the first time I started to thought about it).  To
> decide if it is used now or later is not my job and not my intend. Altough I'm
> now a little bit forced by the others' arguments to +1 for doing it now
> (perhaps because I love clean thinks). But nevertheless, the script is needed.
> At least for Apache 2.1 where we again will find a few symbols which bite us
> ;-)
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        rse@engelschall.com

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770