httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Global Renaming: Let us start!
Date Thu, 02 Apr 1998 06:38:05 GMT

In article <> you wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> In article <> you wrote:
>> > I, for one, am tending to think that NOT releasing 1.3b6 at all until
>> > this whole issue has been solved is a Good Idea. This means,
>> > of course, that some sort of "documented" and "name-space friendly"
>> > API will and must exist for 1.3.0
>> Yes, let us immediately stop the discussion about Roys veto and look forward
>> what we now can do to bring 1.3b6 out and not wasting time. I'm already
>> started to write the "global renaming script", so my plan is this:
> I have said this before and will say it one last time before I give
> up: 1.3 is not the place for this sort of screwing with the API
> nor is it the place for some magical API that suddenly becomes
> documented, etc.  We will waste more time over this, and already have,
> than it is worth and will not get much out of it in the end.

I personally be happy with both: Keep 1.3 as it currently is and do the global
renaming. I want to stay in the background here concerning the actual time
decision. I just wanted to waste no time and already prepare the script (which
is not as trivial I though the first time I started to thought about it).  To
decide if it is used now or later is not my job and not my intend. Altough I'm
now a little bit forced by the others' arguments to +1 for doing it now
(perhaps because I love clean thinks). But nevertheless, the script is needed.
At least for Apache 2.1 where we again will find a few symbols which bite us
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message