httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Apache 1.2.5, IRIX 6.2 and imcomplete downloads of some GIF images
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 15:22:00 GMT

>Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:01:14 GMT
>Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
>From: Mike O'Connor <mjo@dojo.mi.org>
>Subject: Re: Apache 1.2.5, IRIX 6.2 and imcomplete downloads of some GIF images

In article <6f4n9n$651$1@scanner.worldgate.com>,
Marc Slemko  <marcs@znep.com> wrote:
:Smells like an IRIX kernel bug that I have seen.  It isn't particular
:to any type of files, it just happens more on larger ones.  I think
:this was introduced with a SGI rollup patch a number (not sure how
:many... could even be six...) of months ago.  Try backing out some
:of your kernel patches if you can.  If not, try adding the latest
:patches; not sure if there are any out, but if so they may fix it.  Or
:they may not.
:
:If you have an IRIX support contract, _please_ be sure to get in
:touch with SGI and complain about this.  I am almost certain it is
:a IRIX kernel bug.  You can refer them to PR#1710 in the Apache
:bugdb (http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1710) for details.
:
:It is my understanding that SGI is aware of the bug, however I
:do not know if they have a solution available yet and customer
:pressure always helps.

I _think_ the bug is fixed with patch 2673 -- just recently released.