httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Faubert" <fr...@sane.com>
Subject Re: pthreads update
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:27:18 GMT
>If you lived in Quebec you wouldn't have to worry because companies in
>Quebec can only use french versions of software without special government
>permission.

Heh, then my last name would probably pass spell check :)

>Some companies may need to make more significant NSPR changes for needed
>internal functionality.  Under the NPL, they must document and distribute
>those changes, even if they are only internal use, right?  I'm not sure
>that thrills me.

I'm not sure about that... Section 3.2 of the NPL says:

----
Any Modification which You create or to which You contribute must be made
available in Source Code form under the terms of this License either on the
same media as an Executable version or via an accepted Electronic
Distribution Mechanism to anyone to whom you made an Executable version
available.
----

So it could be made available on an internal site if it is only for internal
use.  Then again, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have a legal background, so I'm
100% sure.

-Frank