httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Faubert" <fr...@sane.com>
Subject Re: pthreads update
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:56:26 GMT
Hi Mark,

Speaking from the point of a commercial developer, I don't think that the
license is very restrictive at all.  Basically, it only requires that the
source code to the NSPR be available, not the source for any other part of
Apache or the derived work.  I don't think that anyone selling a commercial
version of Apache would be modifying the sources to the NSPR anyway.  And,
if they decided to fix a bug or so, having their changes public would help
the Apache project as a whole.  Also, it is my understanding that you can
make changes to NPL code private by creating a public interface to an API
and putting the private, non-NPL'd code, in a new file.

-Frank