httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: vetoing hide.h
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:02:05 GMT
> Seems to me that it's no different than having HIDE=yes, from a module's
> perspective.  Since that's the default, that's what all the module
> developers would be coding to anyways.

That's not true.  When I added HIDE support to my module I simply included
hide.h.  I didn't change a single call in my module.  I don't need to know
how HIDE is hiding things.  The only issue for me with the solution is if
I ever need to call a function with the same name as one of the Apache API
functions from within a file that I have included hide.h from.  However,
that is an unlikely scenario, and if I ever do hit it, it is easy enough
to work around by separating that call into a different file.

View raw message