httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: vetoing hide.h
Date Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:28:39 GMT
> > Please rescind your veto.  IMHO you've waited too long and been too
> > silent - you haven't even participated in the discussion AFAICR.  Popping
> > in with "I say 'no'" at this point is inappropriate.
> >

> I'm not sure if I agree with that... certainly it's one of the conditions
> of c-t-r, the idea being that stuff is commited, people play with
> it, and then it's reviewed to see if it works right and vetoed if
> not.

I agree and I don't think the veto's timing is an issue.  But, I don't
think a veto like this, which is essentially not a functional veto, but
rather a style-veto can be put forth without an alternative solution.
HIDE does the job it was designed to do with the lowest possible impact on
the current code.   We can't just ignore namespace problems.  It has to be
dealt with somehow!

-Rasmus