httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: mod_perl vs apache-2.0
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:48:53 GMT
> No matter what Doug says, if he writes a module against a beta version of
> 2.0 and we decide to change the API, tough luck.  We need time in which we
> can do development, and experiment with the API, and right now we can't do
> that easily because of conflicts with mod_perl or mod_php, or... maybe I'm
> the only one that finds this annoying.

As far as I am concerned you can change whatever you want as long as it
has a corresponding MMN bump.  It wouldn't make sense for Doug and myself
to sit around and wait for 1.3 to be released before we started writing
1.3 compatible modules.

I haven't had too many complaints from PHP users about this.  They
recognize that if they use a version of Apache that was released after the
PHP module, then they might be asking for trouble and they will most
likely have to get an updated PHP module.

-Rasmus