httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: mod_perl vs apache-2.0
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:48:53 GMT
> No matter what Doug says, if he writes a module against a beta version of
> 2.0 and we decide to change the API, tough luck.  We need time in which we
> can do development, and experiment with the API, and right now we can't do
> that easily because of conflicts with mod_perl or mod_php, or... maybe I'm
> the only one that finds this annoying.

As far as I am concerned you can change whatever you want as long as it
has a corresponding MMN bump.  It wouldn't make sense for Doug and myself
to sit around and wait for 1.3 to be released before we started writing
1.3 compatible modules.

I haven't had too many complaints from PHP users about this.  They
recognize that if they use a version of Apache that was released after the
PHP module, then they might be asking for trouble and they will most
likely have to get an updated PHP module.

View raw message