httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: child_exit
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:45:20 GMT
> > I'll leave it to you to decide what happens to child_exit.   I had to do this
> > with mod_perl so the PerlChildExitHandler will still work, the approached
> > seemed general enough that it might be worth doing in the core.
> Huh?  There shouldn't be any difference between the two approaches --
> except in the ordering of the cleanups.  child_exit_modules() happens
> before the cleanups.  What were you having problems with?

I don't quite understand this either.  You should be able to revert to the
register_cleanup approach now.  If we leave in the child_exit for a while
but with a little note saying it will be deprecated and for module authors
to use register_cleanup instead, then by the time we remove it nothing
should break.  Using register_cleanup is backward compatible so making
that switch at any time shouldn't be an issue.

View raw message