httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: [BUILD] make standard/mod_mime.h, awk syntax error
Date Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:59:26 GMT
> In article <199803151231.HAA11042@siam.gensym> you wrote:
>
> > Widespead:
> >  gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DSUNOS4 -DUSEBCOPY -DSTATUS -DUSE_HSREGEX
-DHIDE '-DHTTPD_ROOT="/tmp/httpd"'  proxy_connect.c
> >   Make:  Don't know how to make ../standard/mod_mime.h*** Error code 1
>
> You have to re-run the Configure script to re-generate the Makefiles
> to get the updated dependency list.
>
> > New yesterday on sun4:
> >   Creating Makefile
> >    + configured for SunOS 4 platform
> >    + adding selected modules
> >       o status_module uses ConfigStart/End:
> >       o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End:
> >         enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
> >   awk: syntax error near line 8
> >    + doing sanity check on compiler and options
> >   awk: illegal statement near line 8
> >   Creating Makefile in support
>
> Oh, no braindead SunOS 4. Hmmmm.... I've no clue from which AWK run this comes.
> We need deeper checks for this.

It might be the ap_config.h stuff.

Look for this block:

    BEGIN {
        printf "/* Automatically generated file - do not edit */\n\n"
    }
    /^-D.*/ {
        split(substr($1,3,length($1)),parts,"=")
        printf ("#ifndef %s\n#define %s %s\n#endif\n",
         parts[1],parts[1],parts[2])
    }

and change that printf line so everything is on the same line and see if
the error goes away, or at least the line number the error is on changes.

-Rasmus