httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: More header file problems
Date Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:24:42 GMT
> > It looks to me like we shouldn't have those prototypes in ap.h at all
> > since they are already in conf.h and correctly done only if there is no
> > system version of these functions.
> No, the ones in conf.h are the ones that should be modified.  The ap.h
> definitions live there so that the libap functions (including the
> prototypes) can be used without having any dependencies on the httpd
> code.  You'll note that conf.h includes ap.h rather than the other
> way round.

I don't see where conf.h is including ap.h.  Am I blind?

I see what you are getting at though.  We want to export the ap_snprintf
symbol from ap.h.  That is fine.  But then we certainly shouldn't #define
ap_snprintf to snprintf just before doing this.

I guess it comes down to the order of header files again.  ap.h should be
parsed before conf.h, not after.  We may be able to solve this by simply
changing the order they are included in httpd.h

View raw message