httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:10:47 GMT

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Paul Sutton wrote:

>   - basic functionality required on all platforms but where OS support
>     varies. Does not require libap. All functions have prefix os_

I kind of think of libap as being our os independence library in addition
to being our utility library.  I'm having a hard time imagining folks
writing code using our libraries when they wouldn't want both... and there
are cases where a utility function may really need os knowledge (only case
I can think of right now is the debugging code in pools... well ap_execve

View raw message