httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: do all the web-mail services use Apache?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:18:21 GMT

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> qmail will always be qmail, because qmail sucks, plain and simple.
> And something that suck will always suck!

The only thing that sucks about it is the license in my opinion.  I've
been using it for over a year now without a single problem.  Without
needing to pay any attention to it, it just works, and it works without me
having to monitor it.  That's not my experience with sendmail.

Oh yeah, and it lets me give users complete control over virtual domains
without needing to ask root for anything, including mailing list creation
(with automatic bounce processing).  Maybe sendmail has acquired these
features in the last year, I wouldn't know because I stopped using it. But
I doubt it.

Now if you want to talk about its behaviour w.r.t. multiple rcpt messages
and bandwidth... well... what works for me, because I've got a very well
connected server, may not work well for others.

Dean