httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: API question
Date Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:30:14 GMT
You could say the docs are wrong.  For many requests, no attempt is made
to generate the "file does not exist" error until the handler is already
run.  For files it's definately the case that rr->finfo.st_mode == 0 is an
indicator the file doesn't exist.  But for more complex URIs this may not
be the case.  It's a flaw in the API.

run_sub_req() may not actually do the error handling the way you want...
you may want to just punt your handler if rr->finfo.st_mode == 0 and let
the core take over with error messages.

Dean