httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: linux mag: Roxen vs. Apache
Date Mon, 23 Mar 1998 01:39:32 GMT

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

>   The benefit of Roxen is the astonishing better stability
>   in high load situations - although the throughput is smaller, yet
>   the server load stays in a sane dimension, there are no zombie
>   processes and no timeouts."

If they have zombies that stay around longer than 1 or 2 seconds then
they're probably using apache 1.1.  Otherwise, uh who gives a ... ?  So
what if there's a zombie for a second or two.  Sheesh.  At that load
they'd likely see a bunch of zombies, especially if they were so lame as
to leave the MaxRequestsPerChild at 30.

Which I still maintain is such a lame setting, and I hate Solaris for
forcing us to leave it as default.

Dean