httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:15:52 GMT

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> handful of those boxes left running... and I doubt any of them need high
> performance feature-laden robust reliable webserving.

And I doubt we can even write robust and reliable code for these things.

Did you see my rant about signals?  Apache is unstable even on POSIX
compliant modern systems because of signals.  If you go and look at those
older systems that implement ugly signal semantics it's even worse.  If
you look at their scoreboard in a file things are just pathetic.

And that's the current state of affairs.

So it's not going to get any worse.

They just won't get apache features that require modern OS features.  That
doesn't bother me one tiny little bit.

Dean