httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c (fwd)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 23:37:56 GMT

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> BTW, since you are the performance freak you'll want to know this:
> __stdcall is supposed to be slightly faster than C calling and also
> takes less code.

Depends on which rev of which processor you're using too ;)  I believe the
reason for this difference is that __stdcall is "callee pops" meaning the
called function pops its arguments when done, which you can't do with C
calling because the called function has no clue how many args it has in
general (i.e. varargs).

> > Cool.  Stuff that in a .h file somehwere ;)
>
> I'll try to remember. Any suggestions which one?

Wherever API_EXPORT and API_EXPORT_NONSTD are defined.

Dean