httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject proxyreq use in proxy_*_canon
Date Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:05:33 GMT
Why do proxy_http_canon and proxy_ftp_canon test r->proxyreq?  Neither are
invoked if r->proxyreq is FALSE.  See proxy_fixup.

Ah I think I get it:  what they're really asking is "is this a true proxy
subrequest where I have the original unparsed uri, or is this a
ProxyPass-style request where I've got a parsed uri?" ... because it
changes how things are canonicalized.

But r->proxyreq doesn't give this bit of info.  In fact this info isn't
stored anywhere directly... it happens to be available now, "r->uri ==
r->unparsed_uri" iff the request is a true proxy request.  But this is by
luck rather than design.

Hmm.

Dean