httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject todo
Date Mon, 02 Mar 1998 07:04:13 GMT
Here's two issues I know of after my checkin:

- RFC2068 requires a server to recognize its own IP addr(s) in dot
notation, we do this fine if the user follows the dns-caveats
documentation... we should handle it in the case the user doesn't ever
supply a dot-notation address.

- The proxy now asks http_vhost "is this hostname:port the same as
r->server?"  Which means if it's not the same as r->server, but is another
server on the same machine then the proxy may make a request to itself.
In particular if you're so silly as to combine NameVirtualHosts with the
proxy on the same IP address you may end up with some fun results.

Dean