httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject need some data from proxies
Date Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:50:35 GMT
Can someone send me 50 to 100 thousand request URLs from a proxy?  I'm
playing with util_uri.c and I'm convinced it's faster to not use the
regex, but I need a large sample to prove it.  My reasoning is that the
regex has a bunch of single character "stops", which means nothing fun
like boyer-moore or KMP can be put to use on it.  So it's probably faster
to just hand-code a tight little scanner (like the one I wrote for my
parse_absoluteuri() recently).

I've got my absoluteURI vhosting stuff working with util_uri now... things
are looking good.  I fixed the hybrid proxy/origin server bug that Lars
found.

I almost wish we could just drop r->uri, and r->args ... they're redundant
now.

Dean