httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: APACI 980313: Give it a try
Date Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:55:20 GMT
On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> Now that we have complete shared object support for all modules I've enhanced
> my APACI stuff to support shared object building, too. A lot of other
> enhancements were done, too (--add-module=mod_xxx.c to add a module on-the-fly
> to the build process, --enable-module=most for only enabling those modules
> which are really usable anywhere, etc.).
Ralf, this is very nice stuff. I love being able to build different
configurations so easily from simple command lines. Since it doesn't upset
the current way of configuring and compiling, it might be worth adding it
to 1.3.

But there is one thing I don't like. It always sets SERVER_CONFIG_FILE to
an absolute path. I like to build Apache with a particular prefix, then
run it with multiple server roots with -d. Setting SERVER_CONFIG_FILE to
an absolute path means that -d does not work. I think sysconfdir should
default to the current value, "conf", for maximum compatibility and so -d
works again. Perhaps there could be a test in configure to see if the user
is trying to set --sysconfdir, and if _not_, do not define

View raw message