httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@c2.net>
Subject Re: src/support/ cleanup?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:01:46 GMT
> phf_abuse_log.cgi
>     This was for Apache 1.0 and 1.1 where the phf.cgi script was buggy
>     and where one could take this script to show the bad guys.
>     ==> Suggestion: REMOVE!

Yeah, but there are still people connecting to sites to try to exploit
this hack.  I'd vote to leave it there.

> log_server_status
>     This uses raw Perl socket stuff which is not very portable and
>     lacks parameters via argument lines, manual pages, etc. And
>     its functionality is already superseeded by "apachectl status".
>     ==> Suggestion: REMOVE!

It was written for a different purpose to apachectl - to automatically
capture and log interesting parts of the status display for graphing or
the like, to be run from cron or whatever not manually.  I agree it needs
a manual page though.

Mark