httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@awe.com>
Subject Apache NT article in Computer Currents
Date Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:39:51 GMT
Nice article, although not 100% accurate, gives a good impression:

http://www.currents.net/magazine/national/1605/inet1605.html

"I know, I know. Microsoft includes its Internet Information Server (IIS)
for free with Windows NT. But you're getting that "free" Web server for
the price of the Windows NT license. Besides, IIS's cross-platform talents
are limited, and so are its tools for creating Web content. What's more,
Microsoft doesn't share the IIS source code, so you can't customize IIS
for your environment."

"All in all, the latest releases of Apache are attractive solutions for
anyone who wants to run a Web site. You get cross-platform support,
adherence to the important standards, and a fast, powerful Web server
that's easy to set up and maintain. And the price is right. If you're
looking for a Web server, definitely take a look at Apache. "