httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: vetoing hide.h
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 03:20:34 GMT
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 06:36 PM 3/31/98 -0800, sameer wrote:
> >	It appears to me that global replace w/o EXPECTED_APACHE_API
> >may be a reasonable compromise.
> It was exactly the compromise I was working on proposing.  Having the same
> ap_ prefix on all Apache symbols (Dean's suggestion) is fine with me too.
> I think it would help keep the conversation civil if folks made the
> distinction between what the "ideal" solution is, what they want, and what
> would be acceptable to them.  My hope is that the above is at least
> acceptable to everyone.

I have said this before and I will say it again: I do not think that 1.3
is the time or place for such things.  What we have with hide.h is fine.
Let's not take everything off-track with a gainless and length change that
creates yet another legacy.  Leave it for 2.0.

But it seems that no one agrees with me on this, so the time-to-2.0 clock
ticks another half-infinity closer to infinity...

View raw message