httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject automated platform testing
Date Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:38:39 GMT
Put together a script that can be run automatically to build binaries.

Mail the output to an email address, that looks to find changes and errors
and whines about that and puts the full output on the web.

Hopefully, have the person whose box it is normally be able to act as a
contact for that platform.

This is similar to Ben Hyde's build reports, except that it is designed
for easy distribution across a larger number of machines around
everywhere.

It would be cool to build in automatic binary builds for releases into
this, but I do not consider that wise because we can not distribute
binaries from any old machine and we should welcome any old machine to
participate; one per platform, of course.

This gives an easier way to be sure things at least build before release,
and is especially useful when 2.0 work gets going to try to maintain some
semblence of portability as it goes without big hassles.  Many build
issues can be dealt with easily without having access to the platform.