httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: mention of Apache
Date Tue, 10 Mar 1998 05:28:00 GMT
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 09:03:06PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Hmm.  Looking at their finalists for their awards coming up
> > (http://www.internetworld.com/daily/reviews/1998/03/0601-awards.html):
> >
> > Darn.  Morons.
>
> They nominated Net.Medic for best desktop software product. I don't
> think any more has to be said.

Arrrrrrrrrgh.  I know people who have used that pile of junk on a ppro
connected with fast ethernet to a dedicated port on a Cisco 7500 with
multiple DS3s to the net with almost zilch traffic over them, and it has
told them that their local gateway is overloaded.

It is also quite interesting to see the complaints about poor
connectivity it makes when a screen saver kicks in.

> > Heheh.  Cute.  I didn't know Bay was making an "extranet switch".
> > What is next?  An exonet?  Good god people, they are all networks.
>
> Be careful, don't give the droids any more ideas. Besides, the next
> one's going to be called a transnet.

I dunno.  I prefer exonet for something using VPNs to link a bunch of
Intranets together from multiple offices of the same company.