httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [CONTRIB] Autoconf Interface Emulation
Date Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:04:03 GMT
1. In the long term, I would like a file created that lists all the paths
for everything involved with Apache that can be easily parsed.  This file
could be used in upgrades to put things in the right place, and by third
party products to find things.  The location of it will differ from system
to system, but that isn't too bad since two or three common guesses should
get it most of the time, if not ask the user.

2. I'm not convinced that it is wise to start defaulting to anything that
does not put everything under one Apache-specific tree.  There are too
many platforms that are messed up by it.  eg. Linux with bastard fsstnd or
whatever it is, etc.