httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Mozillapache, diploid #2 (fwd)
Date Sat, 28 Mar 1998 01:01:31 GMT
Kill the Mutant.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:46:26 -0800
From: David Noha <>
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.wishlist
Subject: Mozillapache, diploid #2

One more crazy Mozilla cross-breeding experiment:

What about sticking Mozilla and Apache together?  Or maybe the
NCSA server (not as cool but runs on more platforms, right?)

Before you cry "Kill the Mutant!" think about it:

1. Offline browsing will obviously get radically cool.
2. That whole "file://" abomination can go.
3. It allows for lots of experimentation with replication, caching,
   and load-balancing strategies.
4. "Everyone is a Publisher" moves from cliche to reality.

I'm sure there are many other pros and cons, but I'm just trying to
foster thinking and break yall out of whatever box you might be in.

OK, you can let out that scream now.

View raw message