httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Netscape Public License draft 0.95 available (fwd)
Date Sat, 21 Mar 1998 19:08:08 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 02:39:48 -0800
From: Jamie Zawinski <jwz@netscape.com>
To: mozilla-announce@mozilla.org, mozilla-license@mozilla.org
Subject: Netscape Public License draft 0.95 available

http://www.mozilla.org/NPL/

There are actually two licenses this time: the Netscape Public License
and the Mozilla Public License.  See the FAQ for details.

Executive summary: if you modify existing Mozilla code, you need to
return your changes under NPL.  If you write new code in a new file,
you can choose to use one of any of a number of licenses.  The MPL is
one such license that you might like.

The comment period is pretty short this time -- read it by monday!
We weren't sure we were going to be able to get a second draft out
before the final version at all...

--
Jamie Zawinski         http://people.netscape.com/jwz/      about:jwz