httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Success stories (fwd)
Date Fri, 06 Mar 1998 18:48:16 GMT
Cool.

While this isn't really Microsoft doing it, but just some outside company
doing it for them, still... the domain name looks cool.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:34:32 -0500
From: Vivek Khera <khera@KCILINK.COM>
To: MODPERL@LISTPROC.ITRIBE.NET
Subject: Re: Success stories

LS> I'm looking for more mod_perl success stories like the one that Jeff
LS> posted the other day.  They will be used for vignettes in an

The Microsoft Network promotion running to increase subscribership
located at http://winamillion.msn.com/ is run on mod_perl.  The
contest ends at the end of the month, so check it out before then ;-)

Anyhow, the system is currently pounding nearly 10 million hits per
week to the web pages, of which about 1 million go through mod_perl.
Each of those accesses runs through on averate 3 SQL queries to a
MySQL database and 2 references to DB_File databases.

There is no way in heck it would have run without mod_perl.  By the
way, this is using Squid in accelerator mode, as I described in the
tuning docs.  Squid handles about 93% of the content (the static and
mostly static stuff).

                                                                v.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-301-258-8292
PGP/MIME spoken here              http://www.kciLink.com/home/khera/