httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include hide.h
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:24:48 GMT
On Friday, March 13, 1998 2:15 PM, Dean Gaudet [SMTP:dgaudet@arctic.org]
wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>
> > rse         98/03/13 08:49:45
> >
> >   Modified:    src/main http_core.c
> >                src/include hide.h
> >   Log:
> >   More statics which reduce the global exported symbol table.
> >
> >   Submitted by: Ben Hyde
>
> Ok now someone check if mod_perl still works.

I convinced my self that the "right" way to get to most of these
functions was via the command tables, and since most of those
are already static via the module data structure.  Calling the command
functions without cobbling up the right arguments is probably wrong.
I.e. without a temp pool the routine can use, etc. etc.  So I'd leap to
the
untested guess that mod_perl and other invasive
modules (like mine) get to these routines indirectly.
  - ben hyde