httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject [BUILD] enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 05 Mar 1998 09:43:50 GMT
Happy day - fixed:
  < mod_rewrite.c: In function `rewrite_rand':
  < mod_rewrite.c:##: `RAND_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
  < mod_rewrite.c:##: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  < mod_rewrite.c:##: for each function it appears in.)

New on sparcsol:
  > ld: Undefined symbol
  >    _strtoul

This is new in this mornings build on assorted platforms.
  >     o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End:
  >       enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite

DWIM?  What's the story?

On hp9000s700.
  > ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
  >    dbm_open (code)
  >    dbm_fetch (code)
  >    dbm_close (code)

The build results are actually a mess because:
 a) low diskspace (which kept lots of things from linking) ,
 b) new - HIDE=yes (which revised a lot of error messages).

 - ben

ps. My father used to rain on people's enthusiasm by
saying "There are two ways to invent something: you
can be smarter than everybody else, or you have a new
material - so - which category does your invention
fall into?"  In later years after a long court case
he allowed as there was another "you have a patent
and a lawyer."  I have been bemused by the thought
that the American Indians (e.g. Apaches) found the
European property rights a bewildering concept.