httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: vetoing hide.h
Date Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:37:48 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > > Please rescind your veto.  IMHO you've waited too long and been too
> > > silent - you haven't even participated in the discussion AFAICR.  Popping
> > > in with "I say 'no'" at this point is inappropriate.
> > >
> >
> > I'm not sure if I agree with that... certainly it's one of the conditions
> > of c-t-r, the idea being that stuff is commited, people play with
> > it, and then it's reviewed to see if it works right and vetoed if
> > not.
> I agree and I don't think the veto's timing is an issue.  But, I don't
> think a veto like this, which is essentially not a functional veto, but
> rather a style-veto can be put forth without an alternative solution.
> HIDE does the job it was designed to do with the lowest possible impact on
> the current code.   We can't just ignore namespace problems.  It has to be
> dealt with somehow!

All right, I was perhaps too strong.  It sounded more
like an ultimatum than a veto, which really got up my nose.
I think the timing is rotten, too, though.

{Sigh}  I'm in too much of a rush right now to address this properly,
but I think that Roy's veto needs to be accompanied by an alternate
proposal at this point in order to be useful and not obstructive.
Maybe he included one, but I don't think I saw it if so.

#ken	P-/}

Ken Coar                    <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/>
Apache Group member         <>
"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/

View raw message